Monday, October 21, 2013

The Millionaire Dynamic

There are so many of us who would love to be millionaire's.

Yes, the Millionaire Dynamic. I think if you scrimped and saved to the point where you have become one well, good for you. What about the rest of us? Lottery ticket please!

The fact these days is that your either in the upper end of the money chain or the lower end. The middle class as they call it - is becoming less and less.

The upper class don't care  - ok - some do - some just don't! So, why is this happening? Have you seen the price of a small bungelow in Toronto for example? Yup, maybe $300,000.00 or even more. Well, if there in rough shape you might pick one up for a lowly $250,000.00. Now, get one spouse or even a single owner laid off with a mortgage this high and it's good-by maybe forever to home ownership.

Now for the rest of us in the lower rung, either retired, has part-time work at minimum wage, or even full time work at minimum wage - there - you have the renters. Yes, try and find a decent apartment or flat in the City of Toronto for a reasonable amount of money. Most are now one bedrooms renting for about $1,200.00 a month if you just rented recently. For those of us grandfathered in years ago our rent is still reasonable. So, no rent control really. There are some really nasty apartments in Toronto let me tell you. I saw a few that were really awful when I was looking.

The cost of groceries has gone up. Now, factor in that you have to eat, and maybe you need prescription medication, you have to pay your rent or mortgage, hydro and gas, car payments, car insurance, gas for the car, house insurance, life insurance, dentist, toiletries, clothing, child care, entertainment etc. Now - you know why your broke.

How does one break this cycle? The answer is slow and methodical budgeting. Yes, a budget that shows you are not in the red at the end of the month. That is my new plan! Now because I have never ever stuck to a budget in my life this won't be easy. But I am sick of being poor - so - I have to. I will force myself to do it.

Some of my social butterfly status is going to take a hit. Well, I can't give up my nails just yet or my hairdresser - that would be just too cruel. But, I can do what all good budgeters do and borrow from my food or entertainment budget. Hey, that doesn't sound like a good idea. No, but as long as you have something left at the end of the month that is what counts.

Getting a part time job for me would be ideal. It would help me get rid of bills and save for a vacation. Now your talking. But, I have found it hard applying for work as a semi-retired person. Yes, it is very hard. Now all jobs are applied for on-line. No more of those walk in and apply on a store application form. Those days are gone my friend. But, this all adds to the poverty dynamic. Why, because no one is seeing you face to face and your lucky if they call you. You know how many jobless people there are out there? Lots! And, this is a big problem in Toronto.

I would shop in Value Village not a problem. Dumpster Dive - no way! Oh ya, no one offered me a  million dollars to do it. Inside joke. Hoarding - no - I am too neat for all of that. I find those things repulsive. Germs man - germs!

Coupon Queen - that status is fine - as long as your buying just what your need. So your using your coupons to reduce the amount you have to pay out. So, coupons are good when used correctly.

Some months you just gotta throw in the  towel and say to yourself - next month - I will try harder and do better than - last month. After all, hope runs eternal. And, you will not change bad habits overnight. Me, I could write myself silly on my blogs and stay out of the shops - now - that will save me money. Too bad no one will pay me for my writing. Hey - now there is something I have to look into.

I would love to be a famous journalist. Yes, all of this blogging - is that not experience? Sure it is, you just have to find someone who will pay you for your work. Not so fast. I love writing about real things - not fiction so much. So that fiction writing course I took isn't really doing me any good.

Yes, the poor gal diaries! Anyone interested? I am after all even in my middle age years much prettier than Honey Boo Boo's Mom and somehow she has made her way to fame and fortune. Oh ya, I live in Toronto not California, or Hollywood.

Maybe I will just put in a prayer to the Universe and pray for enlightenment. We all need that. Or stare at the stars at night in the heavens and pray for a miracle to happen. Oh, your not suppose to pray for money - who knew?

Maybe, tomorrow I will wake up and be in a bed of money. Oh, sorry it doesn't work that way! Not unless your a bank robber. Wow, I am too much of a chicken for any of that business. No it has to be legal and moral.

So the last ulternative my Plan B: a rich boyfriend. Oh excuse me, what circles do I hang out with?

After all of this babble it probably will boil down to me getting my semi-weekly lottery ticket. Good old 649! Millionaire status - here I come!

When I am a millionaire - well - then I can help others. You see - I would be such a good millionaire. Is anyone up there even listening?

Ah, in the meantime - smell the roses. Thank God for each and every day. Love life to the limit. Appreciate one's health. Guess what - you already won the lottery of life. Maybe it's not so bad being poor after all. Does money ever really make anyone happy? Yes - me! Do you hear me Universe?

That's it for now.

Your - Diva Money Saver



















No comments: