Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My Neighbourhood Dumpster Diver, Extreme Hoarding, and Extreme Couponing

I thought I was going to throw up about a week ago when I saw the scruffy guy in my garbage bin.  It wasn't until I threw in my bag of garbage that I noticed him.

Well, maybe he is homeless I thought. You really should not pre-judge anyone. The thought of the junk he probably had in his home - if he even has one - had a vision of one great big hoarder - spinning around in my head.

Some hoarders are so bad that the Department of Public Health can condemn their living quarters.

I watched a TV show about hoarders not so long ago and I was shocked how these people live. Literally, some are so bad that there is not one square inch of living space for them to function properly.

Many times these people need an intervention of some sort because after all I would put them in the realm of - extreme hoarders.

Everybody has a closet they could clean out but this is rediculous.

Myself, I love organization and neatness so hoarding would drive me up the wall, literally.

I think your financial world and your personal world collide when you get to the extreme hoarding stage.

Maybe it starts out with couponing gone extreme. But, that is a different type of hoarder.

I think couponing is a good thing - just don't let it get out of control. They call that extreme couponing. Maybe it works for some people - but - where do you store all of that stuff?


If your able to stock up without hoarding - then - do it if you can get stuff for free.

Like this lady said, she is going to Aruba because of the money she has saved with couponing.

Again, it can be a double edged sword. If you do not have any place to store stuff - then - just don't do it. And, be aware of it's addiction and do not become an extreme hoarder.

So stay out of debt. Pay your bills on time. Do not pay bank fees if you can help it.

That's it for today.

Just Me - The Diva Money Saver








No comments: