Friday, September 13, 2013

Saga of A Beginner Coupon Queen

Yes, I thought I would become an amazing Coupon Queen over-night! I watched a few You Tube Videos and "got how they do it". But, it is not that easy.

First of all, I am astonished at how many vendors these days do not put coupons in their flyers.

Try and fine a Ragu spagetti sauce flyer that you can use in any store - good luck!

Then every coupon site wants you to down-load their coupon printer programs. I must have loaded 4 or 5 and then guess what - in the morning - my computer needed to be restored. So, I am not sure all of that down-loading of coupon sites is very healthy for one's computer.

So let's say that Target has a $1.00 special on Ragu spaghetti sauce. If you can find the darn coupon - save a $1.00 - then you pay zero for the product. It is just finding the  coupon and timing it with when Target has their dollar sale. I noticed that when I downloaded some Target coupons there was not one for Ragu spagetti sauce.

So I have got a lot of coupons - but - I am not sure any of them will save me money.

Plus, when you factor in the cost of printing the coupons on your home computer - using up all of your ink cartridge - well - you just lost out on any savings.

I think I will slowly use my coupons and wait for the ones I ordered to be mailed to me.

Another problem is: how you get to the stores that have the sales.

I have no transportation to Target or Walmart. So, if  I want huge savings then I would have to call a taxi - and - there goes my savings.  Or, maybe if my coupon is still good when I do get a drive to say Target - it really has to be on most of the $1.00 sale items to get anything free. Again, try to find the coupon that matches the sale. Good luck!

Some Coupon Queens have this all down to a fine science but when your just getting started it is very confusing and frustrating.

So, always watch all of the flyers for the sales. Circle all the $1.00 sale items. Then go hunting for those particular coupons.

And, remember your not allowed to photocopy coupons. So, just do it the right way.

You are allowed to download Target coupons for example. But, most sites will only allow you to download 1 coupon per product every 30 days.

Then some coupons are mailed to you - so - you have to be patient.

Lets have some fun and watch a Kracy Coupon Lady in action.
Oh, so here is a tip: the inserts from the newspaper might have coupons. I will have to watch for that.

You notice that she has a coupon binder - cool - that is something I will have to do.

Maybe down the road I will become a real coupon Queen.

Well, okay I did save $3.00 on my groceries yesterday with some coupons.

I can see where people get addicted to couponing.


Take care,

Your - Diva Money Saver









No comments: